Founded in 1987 by Jerry and Jana Lackey, our mission is to empower communities by providing targeted services that create positive change. Through our initiatives, Lackey World Reach and Love Botswana Outreach Mission, we partner with local organizations to provide education, healthcare, and other essential services to at-risk children and youth and their families throughout the world.
Since its founding in 1995, the Love Botswana Outreach Mission initiative has grown to become one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the nation of Botswana where it has made important contributions to the development and transformation of southern Africa. It serves all of Northwest Botswana with its headquarters in Maun, where it offers a variety of programs such as education, healthcare and other essential services to at-risk children and youth and their families. In addition, it supports a local church in Maun as well as rural churches throughout the Okavango Delta region.Learn More
Programs and Efforts
- Lorato House Rescue Centre, is a licensed institution that provides 24-hour physical, mental, educational, and psychosocial care to orphans and vulnerable children from throughout Botswana. It is the only facility in the country to admit children with severe disabilities.
- The Village Church was established in 1998 as a nondenominational church and now has branches in nine Okavango communities. The Church trains local pastors to carry out its mandate of “loving people, changing lives, and shaping futures.”
- Reach4Life is a Christian life skills program for secondary school students that uses a special Bible to help participants take on life’s challenges such as bullying, drug and alcohol use, and relationships. The program has reached tens of thousands of Botswana youth since 2005.
- Metro World Child is a life skills program for primary school students that uses colorful posters, scripture, and engaging stories to deliver faith-based moral education. The program began in Botswana in March 2022 and has reached more than 13,000 students.
- The Life Centre opened in Maun in 2012 and serves as the administrative hub of Love Botswana, a place of safe recreation for youth, and home to The Village Church in Maun. The Centre can host conferences and celebrations through its 1,600-seat auditorium and conference rooms.
- Babelegi Mmogo promotes a unified community that raises children together through support groups and training in parenting skills.
- Thamo Telele is a four-star safari lodge and game reserve in Maun that provides support to Love Botswana and its programs.
- Deaf Heart advocates for the rights of deaf people in Botswana in job opportunities and education.
Lackey World Reach
In 2011, the Lackey World Reach initiative was launched to provide sustainable and transformative services to the disadvantaged through partnerships with existing, strategic local organizations in developing nations throughout the world. Its primary focus is the provision of education, healthcare and other essential services to at-risk children and youth and their families in order to expand effective development services to more communities in need.Learn More
Programs and Efforts
- Restructuring organization and infrastructure
- Implementing strategies to create better Fiduciary, Governance, and Management accountability
- Development of an International Team that works in the United States and Africa
- Creating a Fund Development Division to increase the capacity to fund all programs
- Development and management of a brand and media strategy to appeal to funders, donors, and volunteers
- Development of a replicable program model for developing countries
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is composed of dedicated and experienced individuals who are committed to our mission and values. They bring a wealth of experience and passion to our organization, guiding and supporting the work we do.
President/Founder of Lackey Ministries and Love Botswana
Vice President / Founder of Lackey Ministries and Love Botswana
Treasurer for Former COO & Missionary with LBOM. Currently serving LMI on Stateside assignment.
Secretary, Original Founding Board Member and Founder of Golden Rule Broadcasting
President of Preik Family Foundation
Founding Partner of WWP Strategies and Chair of Michigan Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Board
President of Ruddick International Group and Global Initiatives Foundation
Dr. J. Douglas Stringer
Founder/President of Turning Point Ministries International and Somebody Cares America